For many businesses, the telephone is still their primary channel of customer contact. During a disaster, the pressure is on to continue services clients. Without a disaster recovery plan and some method of customer interaction, what would you do? We have produced a short video for you to help, called Managing Risk
Every organisation should have a Disaster Recovery Plan in place. This should include:
- Planning for the worst case scenarios
- Making sure your organisation is ready to cope with them
- Protecting your data and network
- Protecting your employees and assets
- Deciding how to keep the business open to customers
But what about your telecommunications? If your telephone system went down, how well and for how long would your business perform?
It’s possible to put a Telecoms Disaster Recovery Plan together with minimal cost and time and MF Telecom Services can help you put systems into place to protect your business from unavoidable disasters. This not only gives you peace of mind, it can ensure you are able to service your client base no matter what.
Ways to stay in contact with your customers:
- Call divert – manage inbound calls via a web-based portal, diverting inbound calls to another location if your main office has to close in the event of an incident. You can also add pre-recorded announcements to advise callers of any changes to service during this time.
- Access from any device – access your normal contact lists from any device, so you can stay in touch with your customers using your normal numbers.
- Inform your customers – quickly inform your customers and your staff of the arrangements that you have in place during the service incident.
Keep your business up and running by creating a Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plan designed specifically for your communications. Give your customers the confidence you’ll always be there if they need you. Increase resilience by deploying the most reliable solutions around to make sure you stay connected in the event of a loss of your main connectivity to the internet.
The main objective of a telecoms Disaster Recovery Plan is to minimise downtime and data loss
What would happen to your business, if you lost everything?
- Plan to avoid infrastructure failure by identifying the weak spots and regularly testing the plans you put in place.
- Ensure employees know who is responsible for what, should disaster strike.
- Document everything in advance, so everyone is clear.
There are many information guides, structured plans and free downloads available on the internet to help you create a Disaster Recovery Plan for your business. But we are here to help and offer you free advice.
For more information, please email MF Telecom Services, or call 01892 577 577 and ask to speak to one of our UK business consultants.